Bari-born, London-based Valentina Magaletti is a drummer, composer and percussionist who strategically tries to enrich the folkloristic and conventional palette of her endless listening, experimenting with new materials and sounds. She worked, performed and co-wrote with many artists including Nicolas Jaar, Jandek, Helm, Raime, Malcom Catto, Charles Haywards, Graham Lewis (Wire, Dome), Tightpaul Sandra (Coil, Spiritualized, Julian Cope), Thurston Moore, Bat for Lashes, Gruff Rhys (Super Furry Animals), Lafawndah and many more. In her current project, Vanishing Twin (Fire Records) she has a more conventional jazz approach that finds its escape in the drone/ field recordings of the percussive approach in her other main experimental / avant-garde duo Tomaga. Valentina has released two solo records and few other collaborative records as UUUU, Vanishing Twin and CZN.
- Holy Tongue (Amidah Records), a collaboration with Al Wootton.
- 'A Queer Anthology of Drums' (Cafe OTO)
- Due Matte (Commando Vanessa, 2020)
- Sulla Pelle (Marionette, 2019)
- Vanishing Twin - The Age Of Immunology (Fire Rec, 2019)
- CZN - The Golden Path (2018)
- Valentina Plays The Batterie Fragile (Je-Ne-Sais-Quoi, 2017)
- UUUU (Editions Mego, 2017)